Our international marketing services team were challenged to help WHSmith reduce their POS print spend.
What we did
Our expert team audited 1055 WHSmith stores over a five-week period and analysed 30,000 pieces of data.
What we found out
- Too much POS was being sent to every store
- We were holding surplus ‘over’ stock
- Stores were spending too much time implementing POS
- Print on demand introduced for short-term campaigns.
- Reduction in overs for long-term campaigns.
- 90% reduction in total stock held.
- WHSmith instore efficiency improved.
“We have been working with SMP for a long time now, embracing their continuous improvement plan over the last couple of years. This has shown great results, the stock levels we are holding at SMP are now almost non-existent.”