The Works wanted help in improving their store allocations and we were only too happy to take on the challenge.
What we found out
- Stores were able to order their own POS online which resulted in a ‘just in case’ approach.
- Over ordering and POS that wasn’t needed in specific stores was increasing POS spend
- POS allocation was done manually
- A POS specification document did not exist
What we did
- We created a POS bible with codes that automatically linked to an allocation spreadsheet
- Removed stores ability to allocate themselves
- Implemented Colateral – storing all assets and allocating store specific POS
Allocation time was halved